The Plan Sponsor University offers classes around the nation by partnering with local colleges and universities.
These classes are offered at no charge and are part of the Certified 401(k) Plan Fiduciary - C(k)PF Designation curriculum.
To learn more information about a specific class or to find a class near you please click on the TPSU registrar link.
You can also contact RJ Larney at 855-755-4015 ext. 104.
TPSU Training, Curriculum and Designation Program
The TPSU (The Plan Sponsor University) training and curriculum is both informative and robust, covering essential topics of importance pertaining to improved retirement plan stewardship for business owners, benefits specialists and other employer fiduciaries.
Each enrollee is required to attend a half-day certification training program conducted at a participating local college or university. Additionally, each enrollee must complete 8-12 online courses housed on the TPSU Portal Learning management system, and pass an online proctored examination to earn the C(k)PF Designation (Certified 401(k) Plan Fiduciary).
Core areas of study during the on-site certification training program will include:
- Improving participant outcomes
- Navigating the regulatory environment and meeting DOL requirements
- Limiting fiduciary liability
- Effective retirement plan management
- Plan funding - making plan improvements while minimizing costs
- Investment selection, monitoring and running an investment committee